Northern Region Water Board divided its customers into five categories. With this, the Board believes that any customer can easily understand their category and can easily estimate the monthly bill depending on their consumption. It does not require you to be a genius to calculate this bill.
1. Class A —All residential houses with water inside fall in this class regardless of location, size and/or type of structure.
2. Class B —All houses used as dwelling houses with just a stand tap outside regardless of location, size and/or type of structure. This class also includes bare plots and houses under construction with just a stand tap.
3. Class C —All Communal Water points serving households which do not have their own water supply at household level.
4. Commercial Class—These are customers trading in goods or services for profit or houses situated in commercially designated areas.
5. Institutional Class— These are customers providing services to the public such as churches, education, health care and are not profit oriented and/or houses which are paid for by the institutions other than the occupants.