We are wholly owned by the Government of Malawi under the Water Works Act (No. 17 of 1995). Our customers consist of individual households, institutions, commercial entities and communal water points.
We have developed and launched our new strategic plan for the period 2015-2020 which has redefined our Motto, Vision and Mission. In line with our ambitious vision, we have redeveloped our core values and key strategic goals to match the direction we are taking.
From Basics to Excellence
Potable Water for All
Our Mission Statement
‘To ensure that all people have safe drinking water’
We shall sustainably develop, construct, maintain and operate water works as well as protect water catchment areas.
Our MandateOur mandate is to supply potable water and waste borne sanitation service to urban and peri-urban areas of the Northern Region of Malawi. Our water source consists of surface and ground water.
With this mandate, we are currently supplying potable water to the following areas: Mzuzu, Ekwendeni, Chintheche, Nkhatabay, Mzimba, Rumphi, Chilumba, Karonga, Songwe and Chitipa. At this point, it should be noted that the waterborne sanitation component is in the process of being transferred to us.
Our Core Values
We believe that the following business values engender a spirit of commitment and focus on high quality service delivery by the Board’s employees to its customers:
- Customer First – Our customers come first in everything that we do.
- Focus on Quality – Our products and services will be of high quality standards.
- Involvement – We will respect and involve our customers, employees and other stakeholders in all that we do
- Culture of 4Es – We will nature a culture of ethics, efficiency, effectiveness and excellence in everything that we do.
- Forward Thinking– We will pay particular information to the future in everything we do.
Our Key Strategic Goals
We are guided by the following broader key Strategic Objectives:
¨ To achieve customer satisfaction and brand loyalty by engaging our customers and community and delivering services that they value as we build our reputation.
- To deliver high quality water services that are cost effective and comply with regulatory requirements.
- To protect and grow shareholder value, nature a culture of people excellence and champion risk management at all levels.
- To plan a sustainable future that takes care of our physical and natural assets for the benefit of our current and future generation.